Tuesday, August 3, 2010

deep cries out to deep

 This summer I have been on an exploration.  I have gone far and utterly deep, searching for answers I have never asked before.  I have asked the hard questions concerning the motives behind everything I do.  I have begun to realize the importance of my thoughts that turn into words and how they affect everyday life and most importantly my relationship with Jesus.  Things like: " Why did I just say that?" or "Why am I jealous of that?" or "Why do I care what they think?"... and then going deeper...and deeper..to get to the root... I really believe that this part of the pruning/purifying process that will draw us even closer to Jesus himself.
  HEBREWS 4.12: For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.   
 -What if we had so much of the word of God in us that the Spirit of God that inhabits us can discern the thoughts and intentions of our hearts?  I understand that God discerns our thoughts and intentions utterly but God says he will reveal. 
 1CORINTHIANS 2:10-12.. However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. (This has to be one of my favorite passages)  So yeah, thats that..



No comments:

Post a Comment